Disclaimer: This is a web visitor article. It is their views and we do not necessarily stand behind their views. Re-leaf LLC doesn’t support all the writer’s views as each article is written by a consumer. Please submit your articles at www.re-leaf.llc/article
One of the primary ways of how a kratom plant is consumed is through Kratom tea. Many people use it in many other ways as well, such as in the form of capsules and powder, but when it takes the form of tea, it becomes tastier and enjoyable as well; thus, it becomes easier to consume it.
In this post, you will learn the perfect ways to make and enjoy Kratom tea! If you haven’t used Kratom ever before and it’s your first time, then this article is especially for you!
Let’s get started!
How to make Kratom tea?
Before we move on to Kratom tea preparation methods, here are some essential factors to consider before you prepare the tea:
- Firstly, do not boil your Kratom tea for a long time as it can ruin its taste as well as its nutritional benefits. Kratom is composed of alkaloids, and when you boil the leaves for a longer time, you can destroy these alkaloids. Here we are referring to boiling water, not hot water. Hot water doesn’t destroy the alkaloids. However, keep in mind here that it doesn’t apply to kratom powder. When it comes to powdered Kratom, you may boil it for as long as you want.
- Secondly, we would also recommend adding a few drops of lemon juice into your kratom tea. Adding lemon doesn’t only infuse a great taste to your drink, but the acidic element in the lemon also protects alkaloids.
Method#1-Kratom tea with lemon
The first method is pretty simple. For this method, you need the following ingredients:
- Kratom powder
- One teaspoon lemon (for one cup of kratom tea)
- Distilled water
- A saucepan
- A strainer (you can also use a filter paper)
- Sugar, honey (optional)
- Take 2 cups of water and pour it into the saucepan. Immediately, squeeze one teaspoon of lemon in the pan.
- Put the water on low heat and bring it to simmer. Now, add kratom powder. Note that every powder doesn’t hold the same effect. You need to read the dose of kratom powder on the packaging.
- Keep simmering the water for 15 more minutes and then turn off the flame.
- Now place a strainer over a pot or a mug and pour your kratom tea in it. Be careful that there shouldn’t be any residual powder in the cup. It should be sediment-free.
- If you want to add honey, sugar, or cinnamon, you are free to add for an extra flavor.
- Your tea is ready. Enjoy and experience the incredible benefits!
Here, we would like to mention that you can keep the residual powder for reuse. Although it wouldn’t create a healthy tea, you can still use it.
This method is for all those who don’t believe in processed foods, and hence, they don’t prefer to use kratom powder. In this method, you will need:
- 5-6 kratom leaves
- A strainer
- A pot
- Lemon juice (only if you want)
- Alright, let’s begin! First of all, take 3 cups of water in a pan and put in on medium flame. Leave it for 5-6 minutes. Note that you need “hot” water for this recipe, not “boiling” water. There shouldn’t be any bubbles in your water.
- Once water becomes hot, throw the kratom leaves in and cover the pot for 10 minutes. It will allow for perfect simmering.
- If you want some lemon, squeeze it in and enjoy your cup of tea!
So, there you have it! Enjoy the magical effects of Kratom, and dose yourself up with this refreshing tea every morning. Consuming kratom tea is one of the easiest ways to enjoy the health benefits and great taste of this herbal plant!